Is “Improving Diversity” is just a buzzword or can become a strategic tool to “Gain Competitive Advantage” in the competitive market place?
The real answer comes from within the organization, its culture and most importantly from people-to-people interaction at all levels. One thing is certain with increasing globalization, organizations need to be ready to manage diversity affirmatively competing within a global framework.
Following benefits can be harnessed if organization uses diversity to gain competitive advantage,
1) Talents, skills and experiences from individuals from diverse backgrounds .
2) Build culture of innovation while working alongside people of different backgrounds, experiences and working styles, creative concepts .
3) Grow talent pool by attracting a wider range of candidates to yourr vacancies, as you will be viewed as more progressive organization
5) Improves employee performance as employees are more likely to feel comfortable and happy in an environment where inclusivity is a priority.
However there are certain challenges to managing a diverse workforce. Managing diversity is more than simply acknowledging differences in people. It involves recognizing the value of differences, combating discrimination, and promoting inclusiveness. Managers may also be challenged with losses in personnel and work productivity due to prejudice and discrimination, as well as complaints and legal actions Negative attitudes and behaviors can be barriers to organizational diversity because they can harm working relationships and damage morale and work productivity .
There are 7 factors related to workforce diversity whose impact on organization performance must be analyzed. The factors are Age diversity , Gender diversity , Organizational tenure diversity , Educational diversity , work experience diversity , Regional diversity and Religion diversity.
Unfortunately, there is no single recipe for success management of diversity. Combination of following factors will decide the organizational success or failure in managing diversity
. – Management need to have willingness to change the organization culture to effectively manage diversity at the workplace
– Managers must understand that fairness is not necessarily equality. Managing diversity is about more than equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
– Employees are imparted with necessary skills for creating and working with a successful, diverse workforce
Companies need a right tool to analyze impact of diversity on the organization performance and moral of the employee.
Rankskills provides system, consulting and support to analyze impact of diversity at multiple organization levels on key organizational performance parameters.
Rankskills offers integrated talent management system and services.
- We provide ready-to-use Competency Assessment System
- We provide ready-to-use Employee Survey & Feedback System
- We provide ready-to-use Workforce Analytics system platform
- We build customized talent management systems & consultative support.
- We help companies for executive search & head hunting right talent.